We're technologically informed, and we would love to take you along.

Sunday 30 August 2015

Uber Hires Hackers to Secure Its Vehicles

They'll work in the company's self-driving car and robotics research lab


Remember those hackers who remotely took over a Jeep Cherokee from miles away last month? Uber just hired them.
Computer security engineers Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek will work in Uber’s Pittsburgh offices, home to the company’s self-driving car and robotics research lab, the New York Times reports. They’ll work with Joe Sullivan, Uber’s chief security officer, and John Flynn, chief information security officer. Together, they’ll work toward “building out a world-class safety and security program at Uber.”
Miller, who previously worked as a security researched at Twitter, confirmed the move in a tweet, announcing that he’d start Tuesday:
“I’ve been in security for more than 10 years, and I’ve worked on computers and phones,” Miller told the New York Times last month. “This time, I wanted to do something that my grandmother would understand. If I tell her, ‘I can hack into your car,’ she understands what that means.”

No comments:

Post a Comment